This cup was presented to South Beds Golf Club in 1916 by officers from the Artillery Training School at Biscot Camp in appreciation for the facilities offered to them by the Club. During the war, the Galley Hill area of the course was used as a rifle range on weekdays which led to the suspension of competitions, although social golf continued at the weekends including, for the first time, Sunday golf and weekend golf for ladies. The officers in charge of the camp were given the freedom of the course and made honorary members of the Club.
The cup is still awarded annually to competition winners and is known as "The Military Cup". It bears the following inscription:
RFA Challenge Cup
Presented to South Beds Golf Club
by Officers of No 6 Artillery Training School
A small memento of the Club's hospitality
whilst stationed in Luton