The Luton Yearbook 1914 describes the Salvation Army Missions:
There are two strong corps in Luton, the first being started in 1885, and subsequently the Temple in Park Street was erected. No II Corps meet at the Barracks in Manchester Street. Each corps has a capable band.
- Gospel Mission meets in Hibbert Street. Leader M. Cooper.
- Holiness Mission, Stuart Street.
- Railway Mission, Old Bedford Road, adjoining the Midland Railway.