Today Beech Hill is a large multi cultural school serving approximately 750 pupils, it is popular and located near Luton town centre.
In WW1 it was used to house troops billeted in the local area. There are written reports of men from the North Midlands Division being billeted on and around the streets of Bury Park, as well as photographs of men outside these houses in uniform.
Beech Hill Primary appears to have been home to a cadre of men from the Royal Army Medical Corps, as seen on the photograph above.
On the 30th January, 1915, orders were Departure received that the Battalion was to proceed to its War Station at Luton, and Feb. ist, 1915. at 5 p.m. on the same day Captain Rayner left Nottingham in charge of a billeting party.
The Battalion followed on February 1st, and occupied billets in the neighbourhood of the Gas Stove Factory.