The Luton Yearbook 1914 describes The Society of Friends meeting hall:
Society of Friends (Quakers) – First became connected with Luton in 1655, and claims to be the oldest of the Free Churches in South Beds. The meeting house stands in Castle Street – partly hidden by trees and surrounded by grassy grave mounds. The Friends started the Friends Adult School in 1862, and a new and commodious assembly hall was opened in 1907.
The Luton Yearbook 1914 describes the High Town Chapel:
First Circuit – High Town Chapel is the head. The old chapel now used as a lecture hall and Sunday School was built in 1852. The new church provides accommodation for 800 people, and was opened in 1898.
Ministers: Rev J. Ritson. W.F. Clulow and S. Dobson (supernumerary).