Hitchin Road Schools

In 1883 the Luton School Board (created in 1874) opened three schools in Hitchin Road, one each for junior boys, junior girls and infants.

Following the Education Act of 1944 the schools were classified as County Primary Junior School and County Primary Infants School, Bedfordshire County Council taking over the running of all schools in Luton but acting through Luton Borough Council as a Divisional Executive. Both schools were closed in 1967, pupils going to St.Matthew's Junior School and St.Matthew's Infants School.

Subscribe to RSS - teaching